Agents Delivered with ALZET Pumps
ALZET pumps have been used successfully to deliver hundreds of different compounds, including antibodies, chemotherapeutic drugs, cytokines, growth factors, hormones, and peptides. Click here for a complete list of all of the compounds that have been delivered via ALZET pumps. Due to the mechanism by which ALZET pumps operate, compounds of any molecular size can be delivered predictably at controlled rates, independent of their physical and chemical properties.
Evidence of the successful use of ALZET pumps for delivery of these compounds is found in the scientific literature. We have compiled these references into the ALZET pump bibliography, which has thousands of references. We update it periodically from the major scientific and medical journals and on-line information services. This cumulative bibliography can provide rapid answers to questions about what work has been done to date with a particular compound or administration technique, or provide supporting references to a grant application. (Request a custom search for your agent of interest in the ALZET bibliography)
These references can offer key information on agent stability, solubility, pharmacokinetics, and techniques for optimum delivery. Citations in the bibliography are indexed by the criteria shown here. The information in the ALZET pump bibliography is made available as a complimentary service. Dozens of popular reference lists can be found in the ALZET bibliography.
- Ensure around-the-clock exposure to test agents at predictable levels
- Permit continuous administration of short half-life proteins and peptides
- Provide a convenient method for the chronic dosing of laboratory animals
- Minimize unwanted experimental variables and ensure reproducible, consistent results
- Eliminate the need for nighttime or weekend dosing
- Reduce handling and stress to laboratory animals
- Small enough for use in mice or very young rats
- Allow for targeted delivery of agents to virtually any tissue
- Cost-effective research tool
Request a custom bibliography search or select from our list of citations available on-line: