Rates & Durations
There are 12 models of ALZET Osmotic Pumps in 3 physical sizes, and a variety of release rates and durations (*Note that nominal performance data is listed below. Individual lots of pumps will vary from this target within limits).
Dimensions, Components & Materials
The tables below review the specifications, dimensions and materials of ALZET osmotic pumps.
|ALZET Pump Models|
|Note: All items are supplied sterile. Pumps cannot be reused.|
|Model Numbers||1003D, 1007D, 1002, 1004||2001D, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006||2ML1, 2ML2, 2ML4|
|Reservoir Volume||100 µl||200 µl||2 ml|
|Complete Osmotic Pump|
|Total Displaced Volume (ml)||0.5||1.0||6.5|
Stainless Steel 304
|Pump Body Materials|
Cellulose Ester Blend
Thermoplastic Hydrocarbon Elastomer
ALZET pumps are supplied in multiples of 10. Every 10 pumps comes with the following:
- 10 Flow Moderators
- 1 Filling Tube
- 1 Instruction Sheet
The nominal performance is a target for all pumps manufactured. Individual lots of pumps may vary from this target within limits. The actual pumping rate and fill volume of a particular lot (derived by statistical testing) are listed on the top of the instruction sheet included with the pumps. The lot specific data should always be used when making dose calculations. If using pumps from different lots, the drug concentration for each lot of pumps should be adjusted to reflect the actual release rate. To inquire about a specific lot number, or if you have specific questions, please contact technical support at 1-800-692-2990.
- Ensure around-the-clock exposure to test agents at predictable levels
- Permit continuous administration of short half-life proteins and peptides
- Provide a convenient method for the chronic dosing of laboratory animals
- Minimize unwanted experimental variables and ensure reproducible, consistent results
- Eliminate the need for nighttime or weekend dosing
- Reduce handling and stress to laboratory animals
- Small enough for use in mice or very young rats
- Allow for targeted delivery of agents to virtually any tissue
- Cost-effective research tool
Request a custom bibliography search or select from our list of citations available on-line:
Researchers are saying...
“CsA and RAD were administered by ALZET minipumps, which we prefer because of the well-defined drug exposure. It avoids the daily peaks and troughs of oral drug administration, which in many animal studies are not well defined.” Matsumoto et al., Trasplantation 2003;76:166-1170.