Flow Moderators & Filling Tubes
The Flow Moderator is used with each ALZET pump. It is comprised of a stainless steel tube with a plastic cap and/or flange on one end, depending on the pump model. Its purpose is twofold. The stainless steel tube provides capillary action, which prevents the test solution from leaking out of the pump reservoir. The steel tube also provides a means for attaching a catheter to all models of ALZET pump.
(Performing MRI? See alternatives to a metal flow moderator)
Order Flow Moderators
The Filling Tube is a blunt-tipped needle that is cut to the appropriate length depending on the size of the pump. It has a hub for attaching to a syringe.
- Ensure around-the-clock exposure to test agents at predictable levels
- Permit continuous administration of short half-life proteins and peptides
- Provide a convenient method for the chronic dosing of laboratory animals
- Minimize unwanted experimental variables and ensure reproducible, consistent results
- Eliminate the need for nighttime or weekend dosing
- Reduce handling and stress to laboratory animals
- Small enough for use in mice or very young rats
- Allow for targeted delivery of agents to virtually any tissue
- Cost-effective research tool